PhotobucketHomeHomeHomeHome

Product Review: Yes to Carrots Shampoo and Conditioner



Since early 2008, Target stood by and delivered it's commitment to make natural/organic products accessible to the masses. As a result, I've purchased and tried several skincare and haircare items from Target. But, before I move forward with my review, I'd like to give you an idea of my hair woes. I have thick, long and naturally curly hair which needs to be treated and conditioned regularly.

Otherwise...









Now, some of you may think..."aaww, how cute!"

Uhm...No.

I wasn't going for the cute factor. I was going for the unruly, frizzy Don King hair factor. Yikes!

With that said, let's start with the first item up for review.




Yes to Carrots Shampoo (Normal to Dry hair):

First thing I noticed was the packaging - LARGE! It contained 500mL compared to most 350mL shampoos! Cost effective? Check!


Second, the scent wasn't offensive to me. Initially I thought..."Who wants the scent of carrots in their hair all day??". But after taking a whiff of the item, which had a sweet, clean faint scent of carrots, I was easily convinced that it will be an enjoyable hair cleansing experience. Check, Check!


Third and most importantly, LESS TOXINS. SOLD!!

Whilst reading the ingredients in the back of both products, (even if the product says organic, I ALWAYS make it a habit to read the ingredients) I caught myself smiling as I read the directions of how to use shampoo. I was immediately engaged, which made my shopping experince less of a bore. Kudos to the marketing team! haha!







Yes to Carrots Conditioner (Normal to Dry hair):


Though all three points mentioned of my shampoo review applied to their conditioner, I generally look for very specific quialities when it comes to choosing the right conditioner for my temperemental hair. Before using Yes to Carrots, I was an avid fan of Nutrogena's Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask. The texture was rich and emollient which made my long, curly hair soft and managable. My hair needed intense moisturization...

Luckily, I hit the jackpot! Yes to Carrots conditioner provided the same concentrated texture comparable to Nutrogena's Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask, but without the toxins. I stock up on both items whenever I take a trip to Target. YAY!






So there you have it! Organic/natural hair care without break the bank. You don't have to spend oodles to use organic. You just have to be vigilant coupled with a dash of common sense. It's always worth it in the end.


Love, Laugh, Live Positive










1 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post all natural products are best. Natural organic shampoo is the best for your hair.
organic shampoo for hair loss

Post a Comment