PhotobucketHomeHomeHomeHome

Inspiration: Carpe Diem!







" I can't wear this yet, I'll wait for special event to show it off.." or " I can't travel abroad, I have so many other things I need to tend to here ..." or " I can't really wear a red lip color, although I would love to, for I do have quite a collection of them..but it's too bold of a color for me and ..." or my favorite of all excuses..." I can't start this project/idea that I've been talking about and dying to do since the creation of time, because I don't have the time for it." Sheeesh.

How may excuses have you heard today? Excuses coming from friends, co-workers, loved ones or maybe even excuses coming from yourself? I've read once that most perfectionists end up being procrastinators because they tend to wait for the "perfect" time to start travelling, embark on a project they adore or begin a relationship with someone. All of us guilty of glancing to the past to predict what will happen to us in the future, holding us back from our heart's need to enrich our souls and better ourselves.

What we tend to forget is that the past is there to teach us how to make better decisions once confronted with circumstances similar to what had occured - not to prevent us from fulfilling our true passions and desires in life. We also tend to forget that NOW is as good a time as any! NOW is the "perfect" time to start whatever longing is in your soul, impatiently waiting to come out and complete it's course.

If you want to travel or start a project near and dear to your heart, find a way to make it happen. Talk to people about it. Make it known to all your friends, family or anyone willing to listen about your plans. Human beings by nature, are open and willing to lend a helping hand to those in need.

When I finally decided to pursue the world of makeup artistry, I have to admit, I was very leary of how that was going to come about. Talk about excuses, I had them all! I covered the gamut of excuses from "where will I get the funds?" to "the economy is bad! I'll never get a client!" But once I started telling people of my plans, I received an outpouring amount of support! My husband funded both Glaminar and IMATS events, I stayed at my aunt's (who was BEYOND supportive) home to save up on hotel fees. My mother, sister and niece were nice enough to come out to an event they knew was important to me. Then to top it off, the support from random people, people I respected and admired, encouraging me to follow my dreams.

So, let this be a reminder to inspire you to "Seize the day!" and follow your heart's desires. Go ahead! Use that piece of clothing or accessory that you've been hiding away in your closet, save up for that wonderful trip to Spain, wear that traffic stopping red lipstick stashed away in your makeup drawer and take baby steps to achieve your goals.

Tell people about your purpose of action with fervor and enthusiam! Right NOW is your opportunity to show the world your gifts and talents! Work your way towards your truth everyday. You'll be pleasantly surprised of what destiny has in store for you...



Laugh, Love, Live Positive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment