PhotobucketHomeHomeHomeHome

Product Review: Bubble & Bee Body Butter







Mission: To find an organic, non-toxic body butter for the winter months


Merchandise: Bubble&Bee 100% Organic Body Butta (like buttah baby!)




The first time I heard about this line of organic products was from my fellow blogger and wellness friend, The Glamorganic Goddess. She's been an avid fan and speaks very highly of Bubble&Bee products in general but, she's been particularly expressing a lot of love with how well the body butters work. That peaked my interest to the point where I had to find out. So, I picked up a few items and decided to try them out for myself.  


Here are my thoughts.





First thing I noticed - the PACKAGING! I am such a sucker for pretty packaging. Just look at it!  I love the quirky fonts, color scheme, and the bee mascot. You see, I've purchased several items that unfortunately, apart from the sparkly wrappers and cute containers, fell short of performing well. 

But this time, I had a feeling that I'll be enjoying what was inside this big tub o' love. 


I was right. 




Ingredient list for Raspberry&Vanilla 



Product certifications


Ingredient list for Sugar & Spice



Bird's eye view ;)



Second thing I noticed, was the SCENT. Okay, if you follow my blog, you'll know that I have a big thing for vanilla, lavender, Egyptian/China musky scents. And lemme tell yah, this product did not disappoint. The first thing that came out of my mouth the minute I opened it was... "mmmmm...This smells yummy!"

The Raspberry&Vanilla smelled like a vanilla mixed berry smoothie and the Sugar&Spice smelled like vanilla covered ginger snaps. They smelled so delicious that I was seriously thinking of having a quick lick at it! haha! 

So, just to give you an idea of how wonderful these products smelled, I left one of these open (I forgot which one) whilst taking a hot shower. By the time I stepped out of the shower, the steam from the butters (I mean BUTTA) somehow activated the scent and the room smelled like someone had been baking cookies in the bathroom! hahaha! I have the Raspberry&Vanilla in the bathroom and the Sugar&Spice scent in the kitchen. I'm glad I got two separate scents. :)



Third and last thing I noticed was the TEXTURE and consistency. As you can see, the body butters looked like...well.. buttah! (I had to say it! heehee!) It had a fluffy, whipped-up, mousse-like consistency and the texture was a bit in the creamy side. It does have a tendency to have an oily payoff so keep in mind that a tad bit of this product will go a long way. 


Two things to keep in mind when using this product: 

  • Play with the amount of product to use that'll work for you.



Start small. Once the butta (Love saying' it haha!) is emulsified on your hands, you'll see that you'll have more product than what you've started with.


  • Give it time to absorb into your body. 


If you were to glance at the first two ingredients listed, it shows shea butter and coconut oil - two of the most fatty, salve-like natural moisturizers in the market. If you use less, the body absorbs it a lot faster. But if you decided that you wanted to heat up a batch, pour it in the tub and swim in it (I don't recommend doing this by the way - your tub will be slippery for months. And oh yeah, possible third degree burns) or slather on a bit more product, give it a few minutes (usually 2-5 minutes) to allow the body to ingest the stuff. I promise you, good things comes to those who wait. Your skin will be grateful to you all winter. :)




So there you go. I hoped you enjoyed my review and until next time....





Laugh, Love, Live Positive













0 comments:

Post a Comment