PhotobucketHomeHomeHomeHome

Product Review: Trillium Organics





Welcome to the second review of my perfume series. If you missed the first one, click here


I have to admit, I'm having so much fun surrounded by all these wonderful perfumes! Oh, the joys of being a girl ;)


Now let me introduce you to another amazing company dedicated to delivering clean, handcrafterd personal care to the world.


 Karen Ciesar is a social justice attorney, an entrepreneur and mother of three. Born out her dream of a better world where genetically Modified Organisms have been outlawed, and conventional petrochemical farming is remembered as an ignorant mistake, Trillium Organics continues to deliver products that are certified organic and safe enough to use for mama and baby.


I heard about Trillium Organics a few years back as I was on my quest to find better, non-toxic products. Even before my switch to healthier items, I've always enjoyed trying out new products, cosmetics, fragrances and the like. The fact that their products were safe and non-toxic was a bonus. So, I decided to try out their perfumes.


Trillium Organics has three categories in their perfume collection. I got three perfumes from the OGSoul (ROMANCE, PASSION, LOVE) collection and one from the OGMind (WORK) collection. Each 33fl oz. roll on bottle will cost you $17.98.

Not bad.


The packaging was attractive. Well... I really liked the colorful, shiny, reflective label. It appealed to me because I'm always distracted by shiny, twinkly, glittery things. (heehee!)There was a bit of a challenge to photograph because it attracted so much light that you couldn't see the writing.

So, after a bit of time spent maneuvering the camera to ensure that I positioned it just right, I was finally able to get into the right angles that lessened the light reflected on the bottles.

Success!

Here's more from the company:

Taken directly from their site:

Trillium Herbal Company was born as a maker of non-toxic solutions for cleansing, moisturizing and protecting  skin.  Trillium Organics later became one of the first companies to sign the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics Compact and has worked to bring safe, innovative, Organic personal care to people world wide, ever since.

From a long line of artists, activists and entrepreneurs, Karen spent most of her time as an attorney advocating for women’s rights in the workplace. Today, bringing Organic personal care to women and their families has become her activism for the rights of people everywhere to care for themselves in a safe manner while supporting the earth for generations to come.



TRILLIUM ORGANICS



PASSION has a nice floral-oriental scent mix.
Ylang ylang, clove and vanilla blend and a heady, mysterious scent which reminded me of a mild version of
 Poison by Christian Dior.

As I mentioned in my other posts, I'm not really a fan of any rose-scented perfumes simply because I find it a bit overpowering. To smell like a bouquet of roses just wasn't my thing. But I also think that because it's so overpowering that I tend to dismiss it, not realizing that all the petrochemicals in conventional perfumes might have pushesd me away from it. But since using non-toxic perfumes, I've had a change of heart.
The rose here is blended so beautifully with the sandalwood and vanilla - which happens to be 2 of my favorite scents- that I don't mind wearing it all day.
LOVE emitted  a soft floral scent.



Out of the four fragrances, this was the least obvious of them all. The scent is so soft and delicate. 
 There was barely a hint of vanilla and ylang-ylang as I  practically had my nose up against my wrist. 
 Use a little ROMANCE to diffuse or neutralize the intensity of the other scents in this collection.


WORK had a fresh, green aroma with a delightful blend of lemon, bergamont and peppermint.
 This scent wakes you up and encourages to tacke the day with gusto!
WORK!

from left to right:
EMBRACE LOVE, ENTICE PASSION, INVITE ROMANCE
through inhalation,
absorption
and affirmation.
 Not that hard to be :)


Mix and Match

LOVE + PASSION = I am cuh-ray-zee for this combo! Subtle, yet mildly fragrant and deliciously mind-blowing. (Whaaat?)
 Savory and sweet at the same time. I kept raising my wrist to get a whiff of how well they complimented each other. haha! They were each effective as a stand alone product or combined with the other perfumes. This is definitely an evening scent to be worn out to dinner or a night to paint the town!

WORK + LOVE =  Gives off a fruity, slightly earthy scent.
  The lemon and begamont is tamed by the sweet yet subtle scent of vanilla and ylang ylang. 
A barely there scent perfect for school or the office.

LOVE + ROMANCE = Ahhh, yes. Some may argue that to keep this alive is the road to a successful relationship. 
Now back to the review. 
Together they gave off an attractive blend of sandalwood, vanilla and ylang-ylang. Dries down to a subtle vanilla. Very nice.

WORK + PASSION = ..will yield positive results! (Sorry - couldn't resist.) The combination gave off a delicious blend of spice, lime and vanilla. Dries down to a sweet, spicy scent. This scent evokes of a sunny day at the park or a day trip to the Catalina Islands for the weekend. YUM!

I've enjoyed them all, but if I had to choose a couple, I'd choose LOVE and PASSION. That spicy sweet combo is definitely my cup of tea.



I hope you've enjoyed reading this review as much as I did writing it.
 If you have any questions, feel free to comment below.
 I'd love to hear from you. :)

Until next time, 


Laugh, Love, Live Passionately


0 comments:

Post a Comment